Grade Level: A05-34
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Manufacturing Manager
Perform various mechanical assembly and operational tasks with components or subassemblies according to drawings, directives and/or company policies and procedures. Duties and supervisors may change as needed.
- Follow written guidelines within established tolerances.
- Recommend changes in manufacturing processes to improve production capabilities.
- Assist in implementing practices that will effectively utilize production resources.
- Perform bearing and bushing installation; bonding process; small sub-assemblies; reaming as necessary.
- Perform work in accordance with company safety standards.
- Maintain clean work area.
- Assist in other manufacturing operations as needed.
- Responsible for understanding and applying quality system requirements to work processes.
- Carryout / execute activities to meet customer satisfaction (on-time delivery, accurate status, et. Al.)
- Know and execute Quality procedures.
- Carryout / execute activities as assigned by your Team Leader. This may include, although not limited to: (a) training, (b) planning, (c) production requirements, (d) daily work assignments, (e) resolving problems, (f) communication, (g) assist in prioritizing and scheduling.
- Promotes shop safety practices and policies.
- Willingness to support company training and cross functional efforts.
- Education and/or experience consist of a high school diploma or equivalent, entry – 6 months assembly experience (preferred in the aerospace industry).
- Ability to read manufacturing drawings, specifications and instructions.
- Familiar with various materials.
- Experience in low volume, high quality manufacture, or prototyping of ferrous components (advantage).
- Ability to work Overtime as needed to meet business needs.
- Ability to measure finish ground components using typical manual inspection tools.
- Ability to apply shop mathematical concepts such as trigonometry.
- Communication skills required consists of the ability to read and interpret documents such as: (a) safety rules, (b) procedure instructions, (c) operation and maintenance instructions, (d) complex blue-prints, (e) work order documents, (f) company policies.
- Ability to work within Lean Manufacturing and ISO / AS9100 principles.
- Must follow all policies and procedures.
- Aerospace manufacturing shop floor experience is a must.
- Interacts with co-workers building a cohesive work environment which builds and promotes a team atmosphere working towards company goals and objectives.
Shop Practices and Safety
Attend organizational Training and comply with concepts and principles.
Ethics and Professionalism
- Exhibit intellectual abilities through analytical reasoning, problem solving skills, development of technical skills, and innovation of solutions.
- Exhibit interpersonal skills through teamwork, customer and people skills. Must have a “Can Do Attitude”.
- Exhibit leadership abilities by directing others, driving change, and persuading others to achieve it. Strives for personal development and self-management through planning and organizing activities in order to meet commitments, managing attendances and punctuality, increasing productivity, while demonstrating adaptively, initiative, and innovation. Managing subordinates if in a Supervisor, Lead, or Manager position through involvement and delegation.
- Compliance with organizational standards including providing organizational support, cost consciousness, quality improvement, safety and security, ethics, promotion of diversity, and professionalism.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those typically met by an employee performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to stand for the entire work shift.
While performing the duties of this Job, employee needs to be aware this position requires physical activity in a manufacturing work environment. The ability to cope with stress and multiple tasks is essential.
Employee is regularly required to use basic hand tools including precision measuring equipment, sit and stand for at least 12 hours a day, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms, regularly required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl around machine equipment, lift and move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 60 pounds. The position requires regular use of personal protective equipment such as: safety glasses, hearing protection, slip resistant shoes or slip resistant steal toe boots, safety hat, wear and gloves. The noise level in the work environment may be loud to moderate. Position works with and is regularly exposed to chemicals associated with machine maintenance and operations essential in performing the essential functions of the position.
This position description is not intended as a complete list of job duties, responsibilities, and/or essential functions. The company retains and reserves any or all rights to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com