Grade Level: 44
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: CEO
Director, Program Management (DPM) is responsible for the management of all assigned programs. The DPM is the customer interface and is expected to maintain a level of excellence in service and professional consideration that customers mandate. The DPM is directly responsible for on-time delivery of quality parts within cost budgets to their respective customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage positive customer relationship and consistently interface with the customer.
- Manage programs from the proposal phase through product and process NRE, first article inspection, and ultimately successful transition into production. Once in the production phase, act as customer interface, track action items, and resolve issues.
- Identify, assess, and mitigate risks to ensure programs meet.
- Manage action item tracking: and ensure on time completion of cross functional deliverables.
- Communicate and ensure compliance with the program with internal staff.
- Ensure project deliverable quality assurance and compliance with customer contract requirements.
- Plan and manage resources for on-time attainment of project milestones and deliverables.
- Ensure project risks are identified and appropriate risk mitigation plans are in effect.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, procedure, and safety requirements.
- Create program milestone schedules including contract review, Engineering programming and planning, first article inspection, and production delivery dates. Create LOB (horse blanket).
- Manage and report weekly (delivery schedule performance), project cost tracking and budget control.
- Manage Sales Order backlog in ERP system.
- Participate in weekly continuous improvement meetings as required.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Actions (RRCA) as required.
- Coordinate with Estimating, Engineering, Operations, Quality and Finance to ensure the proper execution of the cross-functional bid process.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Operations, Quality and Purchasing to ensure on-time delivery of parts.
- Coordinate with other departments regarding contract administration, delivery commitments, configuration control, charge backs, customer PO’s, contract reviews, action item tracking, and issue resolution.
- Conduct internal and customer PMR’s.
- Assist with the sales and business development activities.
- Work with senior management to develop growth and strategy plans.
- Provide support to other initiatives.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience
- M.B.A. degree (or equivalent experience) in related discipline and
- 10 + years working with Aerospace specifically with Boeing
- PMP (Project Management Certification) is a MUST
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards. Considered expert in field within the organization.
- Must establish work priorities and organize work to meet deadlines.
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Strong knowledge in understanding, interpreting, and following customer contracts
Department Staff: Program Managers and Program Administrators
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
- Push and pull 25 lbs.
- Bend Occasionally
- Sit, Stand, and Walk Frequently
- Talk and Listen Frequently
This position description is not intended as a complete list of job duties, responsibilities, and/or essential functions. The company retains and reserves any or all rights to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to bee construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, this job description does not establish a contract for employment and the content is subject to be changed, modified or deleted at the discretion of the Company. In compliance with the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) of 1990, the Company will make reasonable accommodations with those individuals with a disability as defined by the ADA.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org