FLSA Status: A34
Reports to: Director, Maintenance
Performs work in one or more of the maintenance trades: carpentry, plumbing painting, machine & equipment repair, electrical, sheet metal fabrication, and welding.
- Follow written guidelines within established tolerances.
- Recommend changes to machine and facility operations and capabilities.
- Assist in implementing practices that will effectively utilize production resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Associate level performs the following job functions under close supervision with detailed instruction.
- Must follow all policies and procedures.
- Make routine, periodic, or special inspections to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns of facilities, machinery, and equipment.
- Test, inspects, troubleshoots, and repairs machines & equipment.
- Interprets, blueprints, and sketches, layouts, wiring diagrams, drawings, and specifications.
- Sets up and operates all tools and equipment necessary to perform assigned work.
- Perform operations involved in servicing and maintenance of machines tools, hand and power tools and machine attachments.
- Perform electrical maintenance on 120v, 220v, 480v – Building Maintenance including; carpentry, plumbing, construction & repairs.
- Mechanical repairs for example, machine equipment, forklift, building, auto.
- Check and maintain compressor, chip collection systems, etc.
- Check and service of electrical and electronic panels and controls.
- Replacement of parts and control modules.
- Disassemble, select repair procedure, repair/replace worn or defective parts. – Perform welding operations (optional).
- Perform duties incidental to the accomplishment of the assigned task.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Education and/or experience consist of a high school diploma or equivalent, previous experience in building maintenance and/or repair. – 6+ months of experience as maintenance technician.
- Experience with forklift & overhead cranes is a plus but not required. Must be willing to get certified.
- Moderate understanding of general job aspects and minimal understand ding of the technical phases of the job.
- Must be able to prioritize duties daily.
- Must be able to understand and follow written and oral instructions. – General math knowledge.
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills.
- Must be self motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision – Ability to read and interpret manuals, drawings and schematics of equipment and machines.
- Knowledge of all the following machines is a plus: Cincinnati Rail Type Gantry, RC00A0187-0003A, RC00C0191-0006A, QB00B0190-0001A, QB00B0191-0001A Oroya Vertical Mill, 3 axis Profiler, Lathe, Small Lathe, Radial Drill, Jig Borer, 3B Jig Borer, Milling, EZ-Track – Series 2 – NC Milling, Vertical / Horizontal Milling, Horizontal Boring Milll, Surface Grinder, Vertical Band Saw, Horizontal Band Saw, Cinci. 20V-120, Cinci. 30V-Bridge, Cinturn Universal 15U, Cin. Wide Range Gantry, Wotan-N/C Horizontal, Cin. 20HC Horizontal, P&W Wilson Bridge, Cin. N/C Hydrogel, Cin. TC30 Horizontal, Cin. – Magnum, Cin. U-5, Matsuura – MC-1500 – Functional knowledge of the following controls is a plus:, Cin. Acra. CNC, Cin. Acra. 950, Cin – 840D, Cin. Acra. 900, Cin. Acra. 950, Fanuc, Open CNC, Cin – 842D, Bendix D. 9000 CNC, Cin.-Acra. PC, Cin. A2100, Fanuc-15
- Aerospace manufacturing shop floor experience is a must.
Shop Practices and Safety
Attend organizational Training and comply with concepts and principles.
Ethics and Professionalism
- Exhibit intellectual abilities through analytical reasoning, problem solving skills, development of technical skills, and innovation of solutions.
- Exhibit interpersonal skills through teamwork, customer and people skills. Must have a “Can Do Attitude”.
- Exhibit leadership abilities by directing others, driving change, and persuading others to achieve it. Strives for personal development and self-management through planning and organizing activities in order to meet commitments, managing attendances and punctuality, increasing productivity, while demonstrating adaptively, initiative, and innovation. Managing subordinates if in a Supervisor, Lead, or Manager position through involvement and delegation.
- Compliance with organizational standards including providing organizational support, cost consciousness, quality improvement, safety and security, ethics, promotion of diversity, and professionalism.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those typically met by an employee performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to stand for the entire work shift.
While performing the duties of this Job, employee needs to be aware this position requires physical activity in a manufacturing work environment. The ability to cope with stress and multiple tasks is essential.
Employee is regularly required to use basic hand tools including precision measuring equipment, sit and stand for at least 12 hours a day, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms, regularly required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl around machine equipment, lift and move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 60 pounds. The position requires regular use of personal protective equipment such as: safety glasses, hearing protection, slip resistant shoes or slip resistant steal toe boots, safety hat, wear and gloves. The noise level in the work environment may be loud to moderate. Position works with and is regularly exposed to chemicals associated with machine maintenance and operations essential in performing the essential functions of the position. Must be able to stand for the entire work shift.
This position description is not intended as a complete list of job duties, responsibilities, and/or essential functions. The company retains and reserves any or all rights to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com.