Grade Level: TBD
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Programs and Sales Manager
Leads, coordinates, and creates program scheduling (top level assembly and detailed subcomponent parts), assists in pricing, assists in resolving technical issues and ensures performance of company programs, aids in the negotiation of contracts, contractual changes, coordinates proposals, proposal plans, specifications, and financial conditions of contracts.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment within responsibilities of department to ensure Company goals and objectives are met.
- Assist in implementing practices that will effectively utilize Company resources in the production of products.
- Provides consultation and expert advice to management to make recommendations in Company program health.
- Represents Company in negotiation and handling of Company schedules.
- Train fellow team members in work function and processes.
- Ensure Company policies and procedures are followed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Promote and perform work in accordance with company safety standards.
- Carryout / execute activities to meet customer satisfaction (on-time delivery, accurate status, et. Al.)
- Know and execute Quality procedures
- Carryout / execute activities as assigned by Manager. This may include, although not limited to: (a) training, (b) planning, (c) daily work assignments, (e) resolving problems, (f) communication, (g) assist in prioritizing and scheduling.
- Willingness to support company training and cross functional efforts – Aid in the negotiation of contracts and contractual changes.
- Coordinate preparations of proposals, plans, specifications and financial conditions of contracts.
- Develops and maintains new business project plans.
- Facilitate weekly briefs to management on new programs.
- Ensure adherence to master plans, schedules, develop solutions to program problems and suggest task to functional group managers.
- Monitor programs to ensure on time completion within budget.
- Interface with internal and external customers to achieve program goals and review program status.
- Coordinate the transfer of work between company locations.
- Ability to travel as needed (less than 25%).
Responsible for direction of team members in overall coordination and direction in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws. Interact with co-workers building a cohesive work environment which builds a team atmosphere working towards company goals and objections.
- Education and/or experience consist Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and 2-5 years of Aerospace manufacturing planning, and business administration experience minimum or equivalent combination of both.
- Communication skills required consists of the ability to read and interpret documents such as: (a) contracts and engineering documentation (b) procedure instructions, (c) operation and maintenance instructions, (d) blue-prints, (e) work order documents (f) safety rules.
- Must have reliable attendance history.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and ISO / AS9100 principles preferred.
- Experience with machine shop planning, machine shop scheduling and production control experience.
- Experience and Demonstrated knowledge & understanding MRP/ERP systems, Vantage experience a plus.
- Able to sort out and convey critical information on a timely and accurate basis.
- Proficient in use of MS-Office programs (Word, Outlook, Project)
- Expert use in Excel (pivot tables, v looks up)
- Ability to analyze reports, draw conclusions and make recommendations based from findings.
- Familiarity with standard T&C contract concepts, practices and procedures is desired.
- Excellent communications skills- both written and verbal to exhibit successful negotiation skills.
- Understanding product lifecycle.
Shop Practices and Safety
Attend organizational Training and comply with concepts and principles.
Ethics and Professionalism
- Exhibit intellectual abilities through analytical reasoning, problem solving skills, development of technical skills, and innovation of solutions.
- Exhibit interpersonal skills through teamwork, customer and people skills. Must have a “Can Do Attitude”.
- Exhibit leadership abilities by directing others, driving change, and persuading others to achieve it. Strives for personal development and self-management through planning and organizing activities in order to meet commitments, managing attendances and punctuality, increasing productivity, while demonstrating adaptively, initiative, and innovation. Managing subordinates if in a Supervisor, Lead, or Manager position through involvement and delegation.
- Compliance with organizational standards including providing organizational support, cost consciousness, quality improvement, safety and security, ethics, promotion of diversity, and professionalism.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those typically met by an employee performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, employee needs to be aware this position requires physical activity in a manufacturing work environment. The ability to cope with stress and multiple tasks is essential. Employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Exposure of manufacturing environment, which requires the use of personal protective equipment such as: safety glasses, hearing protection and shoe boot wear. Ability to travel to outside locations on occasion in uncontrolled environments.
This position description is not intended as a complete list of job duties, responsibilities, and/or essential functions. The company retains and reserves any or all rights to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper.
Please submit your resume to alatus_hr@alatusaero.