Grade Level: Exempt
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director, Operations
Provide leadership, direction and training to Company team members in the area of the company’s quality program. Represent Company during quality inspections and audits. Ensure company compliance with AS9100 quality standards and requirements. Develop and implement company quality program including objectives, manpower needs and project timelines. Ensure department works within company budget and cost control guidelines. Mentor and develop department team members ensuring team members are self-directed and focused on internal and external Customer satisfaction.
- Authority in the following either by performing or delegating responsibilities to team members:
- Set Department policy and approve decisions, which impact company costs and quality performance.
- Stop any process not producing quality products and take necessary action to ensure defective products are not shipped.
- Accept (or reject) raw materials, standards and semi-finished products, and release or hold materials issues to production.
- Quality (or disqualify) outside suppliers of products and services.
- Set and monitor audit and corrective action schedules and action plans and report discrepancies to Site Manager.
- Accept or reject root cause corrective actions that are implemented as a result of audits.
- Represent Company during quality audits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Employees are expected to maintain regular and reliable work schedule.
- Carryout / execute activities as assigned by Site Manager which may include, although not limited to: (a) training, (b) planning, (c) production requirements, (d) daily work assignments, (e) resolving problems, (f) communication, (g) assist in prioritizing and scheduling.
- Promote shop safety practices and policies · Establish Quality Assurance and Quality Systems direction, with clear strategies for changes required to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Manage receiving, storage and inspection of raw materials, standards and semi-finished products from outside manufacturing and processing and release materials to manufacturing.
- Ensure all measuring devises are calibrated which are used to buy-off products.
- Support company training and cross-functional efforts.
- Assure responsibilities of Quality team are defined and achieved by motivating and developing team members. Establishing and maintaining team learning on continuous improvement.
- Maintain accountability for manpower performance and development, internal and external customer satisfaction. Assure performance metrics is in place to measure performance· Represent company in obtaining Customer acceptance of systems and products. Facilitate customer or regulatory audits as needed.
- Manage, direct and administer audit and corrective action process through facilitating problem solving and coordination of quality assurance activities within facility and with other department’s suppliers and various customer coordinators.
- Review and critique Quality Program plans, procedures systems developed by team members to assure continuity in Quality System Management and the Administration.
- Interface with Customer representatives relative to Quality and schedule commitments in regards to the Quality Assurance tasks and programs.
- Support internal and Customer Program Status meetings as required.
- Set organizational and personal goals and set up expectations for each employee.
- Education and/or experience consist of a Technical degree or CQM/CQE/CQA certification; plus 5 years Quality experience and managerial experience and/or equivalent combination of both.
- Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Must be able to organize and handle multiple concurrent tasks.
- Extensive communication skills including the ability to read and interpret documents such as: (a) safety rules, (b) company policy and procedures, (c) business periodicals, professional journals, technical or government regulations/reports. Ability to write general business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and responses to questions from customers and employees.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts to ensure financial, operational, managerial and budgeting requirements.
- Work independently to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization may exist. Ability to interpret and provide a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Extensive computer knowledge in MS office products; MS Project, Word, Excel, Access, Power Point.
- Ability to develop Quality Control Inspection Procedures.
- Extensive AS 9100 experiences.
- Possess Internal and External Audit capabilities · Ability to effectively develop corrective action reports
- Exercises sound judgment, tact and diplomacy. Evaluate and effectively address highly complex issues and problems.
- Appropriately delegate work, set expectations and monitor and develop activities of team members supporting and motivating a team culture.
- Represents company in a professional and effective manner to various associations, customers, vendors and the general public.
Shop Practices and Safety
Attend organizational Training and comply with concepts and principles.
Ethics and Professionalism
- Exhibit intellectual abilities through analytical reasoning, problem solving skills, development of technical skills, and innovation of solutions.
- Exhibit interpersonal skills through teamwork, customer and people skills. Must have a “Can Do Attitude”.
- Exhibit leadership abilities by directing others, driving change, and persuading others to achieve it. Strives for personal development and self-management through planning and organizing activities in order to meet commitments, managing attendances and punctuality, increasing productivity, while demonstrating adaptively, initiative, and innovation. Managing subordinates if in a Supervisor, Lead, or Manager position through involvement and delegation.
- Compliance with organizational standards including providing organizational support, cost consciousness, quality improvement, safety and security, ethics, promotion of diversity, and professionalism.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee needs to be aware that this position is physically straining. The ability to cope with stress and multiple tasks is essential. Employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Exposure of manufacturing environment, which requires the use of personal protective equipment such as: safety glasses, hearing protection and shoe boot wear. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud typical of an office environment and exposure in a manufacturing environment requiring use of personal protective equipment as mentioned above. Position entails occasional travel to offsite locations in public arenas for business promotions.
This position description is not intended as a complete list of job duties, responsibilities, and/or essential functions. The company retains and reserves any or all rights to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com