FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Production Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists workers engaged in fabricating, assembling,
installing, and processing materials, parts, and assemblies for aircraft
aerospace products, performing any combination of following tasks.
- Sorts and counts parts materials.
- Examines parts materials for defects.
- Feeds, loads, or removes parts from machines.
- Loads unloads racks, baskets, skids, dollies, and
- Moves or carries parts, materials, and equipment.
- Files, trims, saws, buffs, drills, and deburrs parts,
using handtools power tools.
- Wraps unwraps parts, tools, and equipment.
- Marks identifying information on parts materials.
- Places, positions, clamps, or holds parts materials
during assembly, installation, or machining.
- Lubricates cleans parts, assemblies, and equipment
- Other duties may be assigned.
Interacts with co-workers building a cohesive work environment which builds and promotes a team atmosphere working towards company goals and objectives.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year of continuous work experience.
- Great attitude
- Willing to learn
- Must be able to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills.
- Must be self-motivated
- Aerospace manufacturing shop floor experience is a plus.
Shop Practices and Safety
Attend organizational Training and comply with concepts and principles.
Ethics and Professionalism
- Exhibit intellectual abilities through analytical reasoning, problem solving skills, development of technical skills, and innovation of solutions.
- Exhibit interpersonal skills through teamwork, customer and people skills. Must have a “Can Do Attitude”.
- Exhibit leadership abilities by directing others, driving change, and persuading others to achieve it. Strives for personal development and self-management through planning and organizing activities in order to meet commitments, managing attendances and punctuality, increasing productivity, while demonstrating adaptively, initiative, and innovation. Managing subordinates if in a Supervisor, Lead, or Manager position through involvement and delegation.
- Compliance with organizational standards including providing organizational support, cost consciousness, quality improvement, safety and security, ethics, promotion of diversity, and professionalism.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those typically met by an employee performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, employee needs to be aware this position requires physical activity in a manufacturing work environment. The ability to cope with stress and multiple tasks is essential. Employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Exposure of manufacturing environment, which requires the use of personal protective equipment such as: safety glasses, hearing protection and shoe boot wear. Ability to travel to outside locations on occasion in uncontrolled environments.
This position description is not intended as a complete list of job duties, responsibilities, and/or essential functions. The company retains and reserves any or all rights to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, this job description does not establish a contract for employment and the content is subject to be changed, modified or deleted at the discretion of the Company. In compliance with the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) of 1990, the Company will make reasonable accommodations with those individuals with a disability as defined by the ADA.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com