Grade Level: 1
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Quality Director
Quality Engineering includes all departmental QMS (ISO 9001/AS9100/AS9102) indirect functions e.g. Calibration, Certificates of Compliance both Shipping & Receiving, Source Quality, Planning Approval, Supplier Surveillance, Customer Contractual Compliance, Purchase Order Approval, Delegation Authority, Internal Audits, DMIR, Root Cause Investigation & Corrective Action, Process Improvement, Tool Coordination and Records Retention.
- Follow written guidelines within established tolerances.
- Recommend changes in manufacturing processes to improve production capabilities.
- Assist in implementing practices that will effectively utilize Quality resources.
- Compliance with statutory, regulatory, and Customer requirements as documented in Contour Aerospace Quality Management System Policies, Procedures, and Instructions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance and be willing to work overtime as needed.-Run and Prove out CMM Program per customer requirements.
- Develop inspection plans / point maps per customer requirements.
- Perform complete inspection on all parts manufactured, procured or assembled by this division.
- Interpret customer engineering data, blueprints, and utilization of full geometric tolerance allowances when evaluating conformance to customer design requirements.
- Validate Rockwell Hardness and Conductivity values on raw material and machined product.
- Receiving Inspection for purchased, outside manufactured, and outside processed products.
- Complete First Article Inspection Reports per AS 9102 requirements.
- Generate nonconformance / rejection tags sketches.
- Medium to heavy lifting, as required.
Interacts with coworkers building a cohesive work environment which builds and promotes a team atmosphere working towards company goals and objectives.
- Education and/or experience consist of a high school diploma or equivalent, minimum 2 yrs CMM experience, and five to ten years of aerospace quality control inspection experience.
- Indepth knowledge of CMM software ( PCDMIS preferred )
- Indepth knowledge of Geometric, Dimensioning, and Tolerancing process Per ASME Y14.5.
- Knowledge utilizing and interpreting, customer Model Based Definition ( MBD e.g. CATIA) and Digital Product Definition (DPD e.g. Reduced Dimension Drawings ) as well as other customer engineering data, 2D blueprints, specifications.
- Ability to calculate and apply shop mathematical concepts such as trigonometry and geometric functions necessary for complex surface plate setups.
- Proven knowledge in Geometric Dimensioning and & Tolerancing (GD&T) • Proven knowledge in utilizing inspection tools and determining the type and accuracy of tools based on the characteristics to be measured (micrometers, dial/digital calipers, dial indicators, etc.)
- Experience performing First Article inspection and completing AS9102 Forms 1 2 and 3 ( DISCUS FAI
- Software and NETInspect software experience a plus)
- Communication skills required consist of the ability to read and interpret documents in the English language such as: (a) safety rules, (b) procedure instructions, (c) work order documents, (d) customer specifications.
- Knowledge of ISO / AS9100 principles and Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Functional knowledge of a simple ERP/MRP system would be an advantage (Manfact knowledge preferred.
Shop Practices and Safety
Attend organizational Training and comply with concepts and principles.
Ethics and Professionalism
- Exhibit intellectual abilities through analytical reasoning, problem solving skills, development of technical skills, and innovation of solutions.
- Exhibit interpersonal skills through teamwork, customer and people skills. Must have a “Can Do Attitude”.
- Exhibit leadership abilities by directing others, driving change, and persuading others to achieve it. Strives for personal development and self-management through planning and organizing activities in order to meet commitments, managing attendances and punctuality, increasing productivity, while demonstrating adaptively, initiative, and innovation. Managing subordinates if in a Supervisor, Lead, or Manager position through involvement and delegation.
- Compliance with organizational standards including providing organizational support, cost consciousness, quality improvement, safety and security, ethics, promotion of diversity, and professionalism.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those typically met by an employee performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, employee needs to be aware this position requires physical activity in a manufacturing work environment. The ability to cope with stress and multiple tasks is essential. Employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Exposure of manufacturing environment, which requires the use of personal protective equipment such as: safety glasses, hearing protection and shoe boot wear. Ability to travel to outside locations on occasion in uncontrolled environments.
This position description is not intended as a complete list of job duties, responsibilities, and/or essential functions. The company retains and reserves any or all rights to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, this job description does not establish a contract for employment and the content is subject to be changed, modified or deleted at the discretion of the Company. In compliance with the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) of 1990, the Company will make reasonable accommodations with those individuals with a disability as defined by the ADA.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com